Monday, January 9, 2017

Cheba's Thoughts About the Adventure

So my peoples have taken me from Oregon, the only home I've ever known, to this place called Mexico.  They even changed my name on my paperwork to bring me, but it turns out that was unnecessary, seems Cheba isn't a bad word in Mexico after all!  Now that I'm pretty sure they aren't dumping me off somewhere, I'm starting to accept that this could be a cool experience!

Me with Diego from California
I can tell you, I don't like hotels too much.  Lots of noises, no place to be off my leash, and no good place to do my business.  Fortunately, we only had a couple nights in hotels.  I got to meet my cousin (or is he my nephew) Lucky while I was in Arizona.  He's a big Pit Bull and was a little too rough for me until Mom told me to "act like a Doberman and don't let that boy push you around!".  After that, Lucky had to watch out for me!  While in AZ, I got to experience my first dog parks....it was great meeting and playing with other dogs!

Then we went to San Carlos where we stayed at a pretty cool place.  Nice pool to lay by in the sun, comfy bed that I wasn't supposed to be on, but my peoples looooove me!  There was a couple of cool dogs there too, Rizzo (a Portuguese Water dog) and Carmelita (a rescued Mexican street dog).  Unfortunately, Mom didn't take any pictures of us, too busy talking!  In San Carlos we walked on the beach, went to Canon Nakapule, and spent a lot of time together!

Then they packed us up and back in the Jeep I went again until we reached Mazatlan.  I didn't like it too much there.  I had only a small walled patio for outdoor space and I had to be on a leash when at the park.  The first beach my peoples took me too didn't allow me....WTF, that's discrimination!!  But my peoples looooove me and found a beach that I could go on.  We rented an umbrella so we didn't have to be in the sun all the time, I licked ice from my bowl, and had some fish tacos.

Mi amigo, Leo, let's me get right in his face
And I thought I had a big nose!
Then they frikkin packed me up AGAIN, put me in the back of the Jeep AGAIN, and after a short trip we landed in Lo De Marcos.  Here they walked me around the streets for awhile and I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on.  Then we got to this cool house, where there was lots of room for me to explore inside and out!  The owners really like dogs and have two of their own.....Leo and Pixi.  Leo is a HUGE blue Doberman...Mom says we're from the same blood, but I don't know, he's one big dude!!

Sleeping while my peoples eat
Lo De Marcos is really a cool place for dogs.  As long as we behave, we can walk around town off leash, be free on the beach, and some of the restaurants even let me sit with my peoples while they eat... now that's a new experience!

I'm making new friends, having new experiences, truly living a dog's life!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment